ALMOND CRESCENT COOKIES | HOLIDAY COOKIES
Almond Crescent Cookies, melt in your mouth. Fast, easy and the perfect addition to your Cookie Platter on Holiday Season.
1 cup (225 grams) unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup (67 grams) granulated white sugar
1 large (20 grams) egg yolk
1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
1 2/3 cup (210 grams) all purpose flour
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (100 grams) almond flour
1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) salt
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. In the bowl of your electric mixer or hand mixer, beat 1 cup of softened butter and 1/3 cup sugar until creamy (2-3 minutes).
2. Add 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
3. Add 1 2/3 cup of all purpose flour, 3/4 + 2 tablespoons of almond flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and beat until just combined. Do not over mix!
4. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
5. Heat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicon mats.
6. Scoop out about a tablespoon (16 grams) of dough and form a log. Bend it to form a crescent moon shape and place it in a prepare cookie sheet about 1 inch apart and bake on 350F (175 C ) for 12-15 minutes or until they start to turn light brown.
7. Remove from the oven. They are soft but will harden as they cool. Let it cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.
8. Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.