Richome LED Motion Light Review

ZhemJZPublished: July 31, 2016Updated: August 10, 201633 views
Published: July 31, 2016Updated: August 10, 2016

Get Your Own! https://amzn.com/B01DTRD3Q8

This is a great, inexpensive lighting option if you're in need of a motion sensor light in a small space. As long as you know what you're getting, you won't be disappointed. I ordered a very similar light (pretty much the exact same light with different packaging) previously and was a bit disappointed, so I knew what to expect this time around.

This is not a super high-end light, and though it has some weight it does not feel like it was made with top-quality parts. The sensor dome fell off immediately as I pulled it out of the box, but I pushed it back on and it has stayed put so far.

The included paperwork states this light will detect movement up to 3 meters out and 3 meters on either side. I disagree with this assessment, as I have found it to be more like 3-4 feet. If this were placed in an open area near the floor, you might have a better experience, but in my experience placing it on the ceiling above you it takes a bit of waving for it to turn on.

In case you are confused about the "magnetic" part of the claim, the light bar itself is not magnetic. There is a magnetic strip with a 3M adhesive backing you can stick anywhere. This light will then stick to that magnet strip. It's a bit of a missed opportunity that the LED strip does not have a dedicated on/off switch. If it did, making this a removable flashlight-sort of device would have made this excellent.

I have placed this light in our pantry and it lights up maybe 60% of the time when we open the door. It helps that the light is lower so the door opening usually trips the motion sensor, but the other 40% of the time simple wave or reach will usually do the trick. The light stays on for around 10 seconds - the listing says 8 seconds but I admit I have not sat and counted (no one has time for that).

Overall, this is a great choice if you need to slap a light somewhere - just know what you're getting and you should be happy with it.

I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest review.

Recommend tags
  • review+1
  • light+1
  • motion+1
  • led+1
  • sensor+1

reviewlightmotionledsensor

Comments