Informed Consent: It's your right
Informed consent. It's your right. In Canada, it's the law. Since you're the one who ultimately has to bear the consequences of any medical intervention, it's your right to make an informed, free choice.
So when it comes to the COVID-19 vaccines, what should informed consent look like?
You should be informed of:
1) The nature of the treatment
2) The expected benefits of the treatment
3) The material risks of the treatment
4) The material side effects of the treatment
5) Alternative courses of action
6) The likely consequences of not having the treatment
If you weren't provided with this information, if your decision was made as a result of pressure, and if you didn't receive the vaccine protocol that you agreed to, then what you experienced was NOT informed consent.