Learn how to make delicious red pesto sauce
Thanks for watching Its Only Food w/Chef John Politte. In this video we are showing you how to make Red Pesto Sauce. Here is the recipe:
• 8 ounces angel hair pasta
• 8 ounces sun dried tomatoes
• 1 roasted pepper-jarred is fine
• 3 cloves garlic
• ½ cup fresh basil leaves
• ½ cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
• Olive oil as needed
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta n salted water-reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
2. As the pasta cooks, blend the sun-dried tomatoes, roasted pepper, garlic, basil and Parmesan cheese in a food processor or blender until it forms a thick paste.
3. Add a bit of olive oil until the paste becomes smooth.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl with the tomato mixture.
6. Add the reserved water to the mixture so it begins to form a sauce. Continue to add the water until you reach the desired consistency.
7. Serve hot and top with more Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast or a breadstick