10 Essential Kitchen Tools Every Starter Kitchen Needs
10 Essential Kitchen Tools Everyone Should Have in their Kitchen
What kitchen tools are the most important in your kitchen? Besides cookware (stainless steel, cast iron, or non-stick, what have you), there's a ton of tools every homecook needs to succeed in the kitchen! This isn't a fancy list of kitchen gadgets filled with kitchen equipment you'll use once in a while (looking at you immersion blender, food processor and microplane), but rather the tools you'll need every single day. Most can be found easily on Amazon.
Here's our list of every day kitchen tools to always have on hand.
1. Knives - A chef's knife, a paring knife, and a serrated knife is essential! A high quality knife will last longer and will be less likely to slip and nick you.
2. Cutting Board - Always keep two on hand; one for meat and other for veg. I like to use a plastic cutting board that is dishwasher-safe for my meat.
3. Mixing Bowls - From plastic to glass, you'll want a few of these.
4. Measuring Spoons & Measuring Cups - One set of each will make baking a breeze.
5. Can Opener - A manual can opener is all you need
6. Colander or strainer - Draining pasta needs one!
7. Vegetable Peeler - A Swivel model is best.
8. Whisk, spoons and spatula - Every homecook needs one of each. We suggest using heat-resistant silicone spatulas or wooden spoons to prevent damage to your stock pot and such.
9. Meat Thermometer - It might not seem essential, but it is if you want to cook meat perfect every time.
10. Towel and potholders - Keep your hands safe with these tools.