Suspect arrested, charged with murder for Sonic Drive-In shooting that killed 2

Published November 23, 2020 124 Views

Rumble A suspect is under arrest and charged in connection with a shooting at a Sonic Drive-In late Saturday evening that killed two people and left two others hospitalized, according to police.

At approximately 9:23 p.m. police in Bellevue, Nebraska, received a call about reports of a possible bomb inside a moving truck in the parking lot of a Sonic Drive-In, according to local authorities.

In a statement released by the Bellevue Police Department, numerous officers immediately responded to the scene of the incident, which was then updated at 9:24 p.m. to a shooting, with the first officers arriving only two minutes later at 9:26 p.m. to discover four victims with gunshot wounds.

“Two victims were transported to the University of Nebraska Medical Center,” the Bellevue Police Department said in its statement. “Two additional victims were determined to be deceased on the scene. The victims will be identified after the completion of appropriate family notifications.”

On Sunday evening, police released the names of the shooting victims, all who were employees of Sonic: Nathan Pastrana, 22, and Ryan Helbert, 28, both died at the scene. Kenneth Gerner, 25, and Zoey Reece Atalig Lujan, 18, were injured.

The suspect nabbed in connection to a shooting that killed two people and left two others wounded at a Nebraska fast-food restaurant had been previously arrested at the same location just days earlier.

Roberto Carlos Silva, of Omaha, was booked into Sarpy County jail early Sunday on suspicion of first-degree murder and first-degree arson in Saturday night's attack at a Sonic Drive-in restaurant in Bellevue, the Omaha World-Herald reported.

The attack came days after Silva was arrested outside of the restaurant Wednesday night after allegedly using someone else's Sonic app account to buy a total of $57 worth of hamburgers and corn dogs in four separate purchases at that location, the World-Herald reported.

Silva was released from jail on Thursday after posting 10% of his $1,500 bail.

Following the shooting, Silva was being held without bond Sunday before making his initial court appearance.




Visit My Website

Watch Me On YouTube

Follow Me On Twitter

Watch Me On Rumble

Follow Me On Gab

Follow Me On Parler

Watch Me On BitChute