2 years ago

Sweet Dog Saved from Poisonous Toad

Occurred on October 19, 2020 / Savannah, Georgia, USA

Info from Licensor: My dog, a German Shorthaired pointer, Tessie, loves to chase lizards and frogs. She brought this particular frog inside after potting and when I went to get the frog she swallowed him so I couldn’t take him back outside. Toads can be poisonous to dogs so I had get the frog out or take her to the vet ASAP. I’m a medical professional and have been instructed by the vet prior on how to induce vomiting at home using peroxide.
So I did this and about 20 minutes later, she vomited the traumatized toad up. I rinsed the frog off and placed him back outside and he hopped away. My dog is doing fine and well with no complications from the frog or the peroxide.

Loading comments...