I Tried 5 Different Keto Fast Food Breakfasts to Find the Best
Eating a low-carb diet is hard but it doesn't mean you have to cut out your favorite fast food joints like Taco Bell, Wendy's, and McDonald's! Thankfully there are tons of keto-friendly fast food options at most (if not all) fast food restaurants. Popular fast food chains like In-n-Out Burger and Five Guys serve their burgers in a lettuce wrap while others like Chipotle offer keto burrito bowl options sans the rice and beans (but extra avocado guacamole please).
Today we decided to check out five different keto fast food breakfast options from Burger King, McDonald's Chick-Fil-A, Hardee's (Carl's Jr.) and Jack in the Box. Each location had keto friendly options when it came to breakfast sandwiches. Hardee's even had a low carb breakfast menu to choose from, making it helpful to make low carb fast food choices without having to ask for no bun or make substitutions.
All of these items were ordered without the bun.
1. McDonald's - The Egg McMuffin served with an egg, cheese, and ham. Coming in at 160 calories, 12 grams of protein, and 3 grams of carbs, the bunless McMuffin is a great low-carb option for breakfast lovers.
2. Burger King - The Fully Loaded Croissan'wich served with black forest ham, sausage, bacon, American cheese, and eggs, this keto breakfast option is packed with protein (23 grams) and only contains 3 net carbs.
3. Hardee's - The Low Carb It Breakfast Bowl features folded eggs, a sausage patty, swiss cheese, and a loaded omelet filled with shredded cheddar and bacon bits. Weighing in at 660 calories, this 38-gram protein monster kept me full until dinner. However, the bowl also contains 10 grams of carbs, more than three times the amount of carbs than the other two keto-friendly fast food options I tried the days prior.
4. Jack in the Box - The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich topped with two eggs, two slices of American cheese, ham, and bacon. With 540 calories and 4 net carbs, the sandwich packs a big protein punch.
5. Chick-fil-A - The Egg White Grill Sandwich is a breakfast grilled chicken sandwich topped with egg whites and American cheese. The lowest carb count of the week (just 1!) and the lowest calories, I would have to say this was the best keto item I had all week.
See more at wideopeneats.com