Crazy Straw Ring Stack to Develop Fine-Motor Skills
Adapt the activity according to your child or client’s needs by
1) Use only 1 color or several if the person wants to color match
2) Position the straws on raised surfaces to promote reaching and upright posture.
3) Bury the rings in a container filled with marbles, pom-poms, beads and other small sensory objects. This will encourage visual and/or tactile exploration as the person finds the rings to stack.
4) Make clay or putty balls. Stick them on the table and push a straw into each. Now the straws are in position to use. Some children or clients will love integrating sensory clay or putty into the activity. Let their imaginations go wild!
5) Try burying the rings inside the clay or putty. This is a great way to strengthen and wake up fingers before performing the crazy ring stack activities.