The Health Benefits of Brussels Sprouts
While you may have hated brussels sprouts as a kid, it's time to love them as an adult. And not only for their flavor but all the health benefits it has! Considered a part of the cruciferous vegetable family (like kale, cauliflower, broccoli, and collard greens) these miniature cabbages are powerhouses when it comes to promoting good health. Loaded with vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin b6, a serving of brussels sprouts as a side dish is a great idea.
Our favorite way to prepare brussels sprouts is either in a salad using raw brussels sprouts or roasting them in an oven with olive oil. Just be sure to keep an eye on the veggies, overcooking leads to a stinky smell!
Here are some of the best health benefits of Brussels Sprouts:
1. Helps prevent diabetes and heart disease.
2. Full of folic acid
3. High in dietary fiber
4. Maintain healthy blood sugar levels and can help lower blood pressure.
5. Reduce inflammation
6. Rich in antioxidants to promote overall health care.
7. Aid in weight loss
8. Rich in Vitamin K
9. Contain Omega-3 fatty acids
10. Early studies show Brussels sprouts may protect against carcinogens, and therefore may prevent the risk of cancer.
For more, check out: WideOpenEats.com