Make Matching Picture Activities from Magnetic Puzzles Pieces
You can photograph any magnetic picture, words or other flat materials to make similar matching activities. In the video you will see a client matching the month cards used during orientation onto the sheet I made. She obviously enjoyed doing this and it added a different component to orientation.
This activity works on skills to:
1) Use hands together as one hand stabilizes the paper and the other hand places the magnetic pictures.
2) Photo, picture or word identification and matching
3) Language skills as you talk about the pictures or words
4) Visual attention because the materials are right there in front of the person's face.
5) Visual scanning to find the pictures that go on each sheet
In the last photo you see the finished product of matching photos of coins to sheets of several coin pictures. This client has good picture matching skills and likes repetitive tasks. He found this relaxing. Some individuals may have the cognitive abilities to identify the coin values or add up the money amounts on each sheet.