Suspended Clothing Fasteners Fine-Motor Activity
1) the materials are right in front of the individuals face, making it easier to see what they are manipulating
2) Standing is aerobic for people who tend to sit all day, so its a form of exercise
3) There are options to first learn opening buttons or snaps which is easier than closing them.
4) This activity can be adapted to perform sitting by suspended the materials from the ceiling above the person’s table area.
5) Manipulating clothing fasteners is a common school or day program goal and very functional!
Try to start out using extra-large buttons, snaps, zippers or other clothing fasteners if you can find them to make learning easier.