Mold contamination in homeless shelter made six children sick, mother says

WCPOPublished: August 7, 2018
Published: August 7, 2018

Erica Jackson had nowhere else to turn when she brought her six children to Bethany House, a shelter for families dealing with homelessness and poverty like her own. Within weeks of her arrival, her year-old son -- fragile and prone to illness since his premature birth -- had begun to cough and wheeze. The symptoms spread to her other five children, prompting Jackson to take them to Children's Hospital. There, doctors diagnosed them all with respiratory infections stemming from exposure to black mold in the shelter.

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments