Make-Your-Own Yarn for Plastic Bag Knitting
This video demonstrates how to cut up supermarket plastic bags to make "yarn" used for knitting. I knit bags of different sizes and shapes, usually to hold therapy materials or groceries. People are always impressed when I tell them that they are made of supermarket bags and they are super STRONG.
Making yarn works on many fine-motor skills as a child or adult
1) rolls up the supermarket bags
2) snips 4-5 pieces from each bag
3) stretches them open into giant plastic rings
4) knots them into a long chain
5) rolls the chain into a “yarn ball”
The best part is that all the yarn is free and if you mess up, it costs nothing....
Learn more about activity adaptations on my website and blog: