How to Make Sensory Shoulder or Lap Pads for Children with Autism
1) Put sand into a plastic bag and tie the end.
2) Put the plastic bag inside a sock and tie the end
3) Put the sock inside a second sock so that the outer sock can be washed
4) Place these double layered socks either inside an extra long sock or bag for insertion/removal tasks OR
5) Place bags of sand inside the sleeves and body of an old pair of pants or sweatshirt. Tie up all openings so that contents stay inside
6) Place the filled pants or sweatshirt into a second one so that the outer layer can be washed.