Christmas tree catches fire, destroys Columbus man's home on Christmas Eve

WRTVPublished: December 25, 2017
Published: December 25, 2017

A Columbus man told firefighters that he saw his Christmas tree going up in flames shortly before the rest of his house caught fire early Christmas Eve morning.  Firefighters were called to the home in the Candlelight Village mobile home park just before 1 a.m. The 48-year-old homeowner told firefighters he was painting his bedroom at the rear of the home when he heard his smoke alarm sounding in the hallway. When he opened the door, the man said he saw his Christmas tree burning in the living room. The man was able to safely evacuate the home before calling 911.

Be the first to suggest a tag