The Danger Of Plastic Bags Around Pets And Children
It's easy to be distracted and leave plastic bags on the floor or within reach of curious pets and children. Whether they're hiding in them, playing with them, or eating them, pets and children can be easily suffocated or ingest a dangerous amount of plastic.
Footage shows a black cat by the name of Shorty neatly entangled in a plastic bag having the time of his life, until he realizes that he is feeling trapped and tries to escape, but to no avail. Cats are naturally attracted to plastic bags, but owners should know that it only takes a second for a cat to wrangle themselves into an inescapable situation, which can sometimes have a negative outcome.
It only takes seconds to get trapped in a plastic bag and panic sets soon. The handle tightens around the neck through movement and can lead to suffocation in minutes.
Owners often leave their shopping bags on the floor or around the house where their pets can easily reach. They make for fun hiding places for cats and hold magnetic attraction to them. Animals love the crinkly sound that plastic bags produce, but nonetheless they should always be supervised around them, and all plastic bags should be removed from the room before leaving. Curiosity killed the cat, they say!
Shorty started to play with the plastic bag and owner found it as a good opportunity to make a video for all the unsuspecting owners and parents out there, and warn about the actual damages that an innocent plastic bag can do to our loved ones. It is a good lesson to learn!
In addition, licking or eating plastic bags can be harmful to your cat. The biggest concern is eating the plastic which can get caught in her stomach or intestine that could require surgery. Please keep all plastic away from cats if possible!
Have you ever set your groceries down only to come back to a kitchen that has been transformed into the meeting place for all of the plastic bags in your home? Cats can be real jerks sometimes!