Detroit 8-year-old died from fentanyl overdose, medical examiner says

WXYZPublished: December 5, 2017
Published: December 5, 2017

We're learning disturbing new details about the death of an 8-year-old Detroit boy over the summer.  Jamere Arnold was found unresponsive in his home on Detroit's east side back in July. Initially, it was believed he died from possible alcohol poisoning, but now, the medical examiner says he died from a fentanyl overdose. Police said the boy's grandmother told them he had alcohol and passed out. Now, the toxicology report says it was actually fentanyl that killed him. "In a child it would probably take less than what would be considered a pill of aspirin or Tylenol," St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital Medical Director Tony Bonfiglio said.

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments