Learning how to empty the Surgical Drains after a Mastectomy

CraigLaytonPublished: October 7, 2017Updated: October 9, 2017411 views
Published: October 7, 2017Updated: October 9, 2017

When you have a mastectomy or lumpectomy, your surgeon may place surgical drains to help speed up your healing. These surgical drains may be called grenade drains, JP drains, or Jackson-Pratt drains. You will have a drainage tube and a drainage bulb outside your skin near your surgical incision

Recommend tags
  • grenade drains+1
  • jp drains+1
  • jackson-pratt drains+1
  • drainage tube+1
  • mastectomy+1

grenade drainsjp drainsjackson-pratt drainsdrainage tubemastectomy