Betty's chocolate crispy cakes: Recipe from Billy Davis
Betty demonstrates how to make Chocolate Crispy Cakes. This recipe was sent in by Billy Davis. It is reminiscent of Rice Krispies Treats, but it contains melted Milky Way bars as the binder. The recipe came from a BBC Food Magazine. Thanks, Billy for sending the great recipe!
Chocolate Crispy Cakes
5 Mars bars, chopped (I believe in the US, Mars bars are sold as "Milky Way" bars)
3 oz. dark chocolate (or milk/white if you prefer)
5 oz. butter, chopped, plus extra for greasing
3½ oz. Rice Krispies cereal
1. Grease a 8 inch square, deep-sided tin or oven dish with butter.
2. Suspend a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water).
3. Add the Mars bar pieces and butter to the bowl and stir until melted, smooth and well combined. The mixture will curdle at first, but keep stirring (or use a whisk) and it will eventually become smooth.
4. Remove the bowl from the heat, add the Rice Krispies and fold until coated in the chocolate mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin/dish and press down to form an even layer, pushing the mixture into the corners and sides of the tin. Set aside to cool.
6. Meanwhile, suspend another heatproof bowl over the pan of simmering water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water). Melt the chocolate in the bowl, then drizzle or spread it over the cooled chocolate crispy cake. Set aside to cool and harden.
7. Chill the chocolate crispy cake in the fridge until set, preferably overnight.
8. Cut into squares while still in the tin, then remove from the tin, pile onto a plate and serve.
Thanks for sending the recipe, Billy! ~Betty :)
Please subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/bettyskitchen
Betty's Website: http://www.bettyskitchen.us
Other places to watch Betty's Kitchen: