Growing, Harvesting & Using Hops Medicinally
Hops are a wonderful perennial plant to grow and use for multiple medicinal purposes. Not only do hops grow up and create a wonderful shade for our sunny balcony in the summer, but the plants die back all the way to the root each year. So they provide the shade we want in the summer, but allow the sun to shine in during the winter.
But hops are great for more than just shade! Most of us know hops for their flavor in beer. But hops can be used for so many medicinal purposes!
What we love hops for most is to make an evening herbal tea to help with sleep and reduce anxiety. For the full recipe, visit the blog post here: https://homesteadingfamily.com/hop-tea-recipe
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We're so glad you're here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
A few highlights you don't want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
- Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds
- Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
- Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning. The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
- Homesteading Family's Favorite Holiday Recipes - A PDF download filled with our family’s favorite holiday recipe.
- 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
- Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
- Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
- Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
- Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
- Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
- 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
- Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
- Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
- Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
- Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
- Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.
#hops #medicinalplants #tea #herbaltea #remedies