Electricity Pole Falls After Being Overloaded With Cables
A wooden power pole in Paranaque City, Philippines, collapsed after carrying too many electricity meters. The wooden post was visibly rotten and has been there for decades, according to residents. ''One of our neighbors who was working near the post almost got hit,'' said neighbour Adora Dino. Electricians from the Manila Electric Company responded immediately after receiving the report. However, affected houses experienced power outage for several hours. Residents are afraid that the incident may happen again as this is not the only rotting wooden electric post in area and entire Metro Manila. Earlier this month a nine-year-old student got electrocuted after a live wire was left unattended during a flood in nearby town Bulacan.