Boy survives after being bitten by baby cobra hiding in his shoe

NewsflarePublished: August 8, 2018
Published: August 8, 2018

This is the terrifying moment a baby cobra is found in the school shoe of a seven-year-old boy.

The hatchling bit the boy’s foot as he wore the shoe. He was rushed to the hospital immediately.

The incident occurred in Bhubaneswar, India.

On August 6 morning, Rishab Patra, was getting ready to go to school.

As he put on his shoe, he complained that he felt a prick. His grandfather, Dusashan Rout, 65, removed his shoes to check and was shocked to find a baby cobra curled up inside.

He covered the shoe with a bucket and rushed Rishab to the hospital, where doctors kept him under observation.

Though a prominent fang mark was visible, Rishabh was discharged after 24 hours without any serious effects of envenomation.

The family made a call to Snake Helpline, a city-based animal welfare organisation, whose volunteers rushed to the spot. They rescued the snake and released it later at a nearby forest.

“Though a baby cobra can deliver a lethal bite, Rishab miraculously survived. The tiny fangs of the baby cobra could not penetrate his thick cotton socks. His grandfather acted immediately denying the snake a second chance to bite the boy,” said Subhendu Mallick secretary of Snake Helpline.

“During monsoon snakes enter homes looking for dry hiding places. People should check their bags and shoes before heading out,” added Mallick.

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments