Mother Warns of Liquid Nitrogen Snack After Son Suffers Asthma Attack

StoryfulNewsPublished: August 2, 2018
Published: August 2, 2018

A Florida mother warned against the dangers of a liquid nitrogen-infused treat called Dragon’s Breath on July 25 after her son suffered an asthma attack shortly after consuming the product. Racheal McKenny said she took her two children to the Avenues Mall in Jacksonville, where she treated them to the Dragon’s Breath snack from a kiosk. Footage posted to her Facebook account shows her son and daughter enjoying the snack, which is dipped in liquid nitrogen and allows those eating it to blow “smoke” out of their mouth and nose. McKenny said her son Johnny began to suffer shortness of breath during their car journey home, which developed into an asthma attack. “We knew he couldn’t breathe, and we knew that we couldn’t get him to the hospital in time,” she wrote on Facebook. McKenny brought her son to a nearby fire station, where he was treated by emergency responders and later transported to Flagler Hospital. Her son was recovering from the incident, McKenny said, but warned others suffering from the condition not to consume the snack. “I should have known better, but it did not occur to me that this food could have this effect,” she wrote on Facebook. “As a result, my son could have died. Please don’t make the same mistake I did.” Dr. Sunil Joshi of Family Allergy Asthma Consultants in Jacksonville told local media that the treat could be inflammatory or irritating to any individual who consumes it. Credit: Racheal McKenny via Storyful

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments