City Says Dump Site Show No Health Threat

WFTXPublished: January 25, 2018
Published: January 25, 2018

The Fort Myers City Manager says, Thursday, changes to the controversial South Street sludge-dumping site could come as soon as the end of the year. Several dozen people in the Dunbar community in Fort Myers met with officials at the Dr. Carrie Robinson event center, to talk about the arsenic-laced South Street sludge dumping site. Last week, during a city council workshop, a company hired by the city presented test results, that showed the arsenic is not a direct result of the city dumping lime-sludge in the area in the 60's. The company also said the results mean there is no health risk to the surrounding neighborhood. The results determined the site does not need to be remediated, should the city decide to go that route.

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments