iPhone Battery Explodes In Shop After Customer Bites Into It

NewsflarePublished: January 23, 2018137 views
Published: January 23, 2018

This is the curious moment when an iPhone battery bursts into flames after an idiot man decided to bite into it. Footage shows a man standing on a check out desk in China and biting into phone’s battery, apparently to check its authenticity. He did check it all right!

CCTV footage was filmed in Nanjing City in Jiangsu Province on January 19 features a fireball suddenly appearing after a customer bites into an iPhone replacement battery. This crazy man tried to check if the phone battery was fake by biting it!

Taiwan News reports that this man went into a third-party retailer to get his battery replaced but wanted to check the authenticity of the battery by biting into it. This immediately caused the battery to burst into flames. Watch the video of the incident which was captured on the store’s security cameras.

Immediately after taking a bite, the iPhone battery exploded in the face of a man in an electronics store in China, but fortunately, nobody was injured despite the proximity of the explosion to the man’s face and several bystanders. Several incidents have been reported in China, Japan and Taiwan of iPhone 8 Plus batteries overheating and swelling out of their cases.

Apple did not respond to a Newsweek request to comment this situation. In addition, an Apple Store in Zurich, Switzerland, was evacuated after an iPhone battery reportedly overheated and exploded. Reportedly, the Zurich police said that 50 workers and customers were forced to leave the store, while one repair worker was treated for burns.

Please don’t try this at home, there are better and less life-threatening ways to check the authenticity of your battery. If you have any kind of problems with your iPhone visit an Apple Authorized Retailer or an Apple Store instead of trying to figure out the problem yourself!

Be the first to suggest a tag