Shop employees run for cover as mobile phone explodes
Employees of a mobile phone shop in India were forced to run for cover on Tuesday when a customer's handset exploded into a ball of fire.
The incident occurred at Batala, Punjab, India, on October 10.
The customer had come to buy a new phone.
A CCTV camera at the shop shows the customer trying to remove the sim card from his old phone with a sharp instrument.
Suddenly sparks fly and smoke rises from the handset, prompting shop employees to run for cover.
The phone explodes into flames and starts burning till one of the shop employees musters courage to push it away from the counter.