Pasco County Sinkhole That Destroyed Two Homes Grows Larger

StoryfulNewsPublished: August 5, 2017
Published: August 5, 2017

A sinkhole that swallowed two houses in Land O’ Lakes, Florida, grew larger on Friday, August 4. The sinkhole has grown to 260 feet at its widest point, up from 225 to 235 feet, officials said on Saturday. Officials also condemned two homes on Saturday, saying they are unsuitable to be lived in and had been evacuated previously. Work to clean up the sinkhole was suspended on Friday because of the new activity, officials said, but more work was planned for the weekend. Safety officers were on the scene monitoring the hole in case it should grow further and more evacuations were needed. The sinkhole swallowed two homes on July 14 and was 200 feet wide at that time. Area homes were evacuated as a precaution. This video shows the state of the sinkhole on August 3, one day before officials reported the sinkhole had grown further. Credit: Instagram/cepperson01 via Storyful

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments