MSF Teams Tackle Cholera Outbreak in Yemen

StoryfulNewsPublished: August 4, 2017
Published: August 4, 2017

Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said on August 3 that more than 430,000 people had been affected by cholera in Yemen. MSF warned that people in remote areas of the country were of most concern and many were dying needlessly. “Unless aid is increased urgently and a preventive approach taken at the community level, people will continue to die of this preventable disease. A sustained and coordinated response, is needed to stem the spread of the outbreak,” said Sam Taylor, Director of MSF in Ireland. The famine and cholera outbreak were a result of more than two years of fighting that has devastated the country’s health, water and sanitation systems. WFP urged all parties involved in the conflict in Yemen to keep Hodeidah port open, so that shipments of humanitarian aid could access to the country. Credit: Doctors Without Borders (MSF) via Storyful

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments