Texas Woman Scorched in Face by Candle Flames

StoryfulNewsPublished: July 31, 2017
Published: July 31, 2017

A woman was scorched in face after trying blow out a candle at her home in Burleson, Texas, on July 23. A surveillance camera at the house of Cody and Ashley Brawley caught the incident. Ashley told local media that she noticed a burning smell from the living room and realised a vanilla-scented candle from Bath & Body Works was in flames. She tried to blow it out but the flames shot up, burning her face. She was treated for first- and second-degree burns to her face. The Brawleys said the candle had been burning for around 3 hours and 20 minutes when the incident took place. Instructions for the product state “Do not burn for more than three to four hours at a time,” according to NBC. The couple questioned if the product was defective, while Bath & Body Works said they were working on more details. Credit: Facebook/Cody Brawley via Storyful

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments