Airstrikes Resume in Marawi as Army Tries to Force Remaining Separatists From City

StoryfulNewsPublished: July 13, 20174 views
Published: July 13, 2017

Airstrikes resumed in Marawi, Philippines, on July 12, as government forces dropped four 500lb bombs in an effort to flush the remaining separatist militants from the city. The Philippine military said that as of July 9, 507 people had been killed in the clashes — 379 “terrorists”, 89 soldiers and policemen, and 39 civilians, Rappler reported. President Rodrigo Duterte said on July 11 that he needed about 15 more days to end the fighting. Credit: Instagram/Kenneth Kyle via Storyful

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments