Man Suffers Injuries After E-Cigarette Battery Explodes In Pocket

StoryfulPublished: February 27, 20174,279 views
Published: February 27, 2017

Mankind's evolution is truly remarkable. We’ve managed to get from creating sharp primitive objects to help us hunt and work the land, to creating space rockets that can take us into space and land back again, being able to reuse them again and again multiple times. We strive to create more, create better in order to help us facilitate our life on this planet. But things don’t always go the way we want them to go.

Tobacco has been around for centuries, even millenia. Smoking it has been the favorite pastime of a larger part of the planet’s population. Some cultures have even made it a part of their tradition. But the cons always outweigh the pros with cigarettes, so scientists have been trying to create alternatives that can help people with the addiction. One of the latest crazes is the electronic cigarette, a cylindrical gadget that operates on batteries. However, even those can prove to be dangerous.

A man was carrying an e-cigarette and a spare battery in his pocket while visiting the Embarcadero oyster bar restaurant in Calgary with his wife on Friday, February 24th, when the battery exploded, leaving him with third-degree burns. The man told local news reporters that he had been carrying a spare battery in his pocket, and that it apparently shorted out when it came into contact with some coins, going off like a flare.

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments