Gunfire Rings Out as Opposition Activist Videos Aleppo Evacuation

StoryfulPublished: January 13, 201718 views
Published: January 13, 2017

The evacuation of eastern Aleppo was halted on Friday, December 16, amid reports by both state and pro-opposition media of gunfire and violence.

Syrian state media accused “terrorists” of breaching a ceasefire agreement, while pro-opposition groups said that Syrian regime forces and supporting militias had opened fire over the evacuation route. Both sides said a convoy had been targeted. Storyful is unable to independently verify the source of the gunfire.

This video, published on December 17 but described as being shot on December 16, shows hundreds of people, including women and young children, evacuating the scene as gunfire can be heard in the background.

Orient TV, an anti-regime news agency, reported a new ceasefire deal had been agreed to evacuate civilians on Saturday, December 17.

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments