This Is What Happens If You Pour Sulfuric Acid On A McDonald's Big Mac

LetsMeltThisPublished: September 1, 2016178,759 viewsVirality: 25%
Published: September 1, 2016

Ever wonder what happens if you soak a McDonald's Big Mac in sulfuric acid? This video shows what happens when you pour sulfuric acid on the McDonald's Big Mac cheeseburger. The results are surprising! It almost looks as if it was left it in the oven for too long. Watch the time-lapse of this video over a 30 minute period.

A Big Mac gets drenched in sulfuric acid. First it kind of looks exactly the same, but then it starts getting gross. A Big Mac is difficult to break down even with sulfuric acid. Just imagine what happens to McDonald’s food in your stomach.
The bun turns dark and loses its pillowy texture. Turns out the sulfuric acid cooked the bun until it turned rock hard rather than a soggy mess. The rest of the Big Mac was only slightly damaged, because its structure protected the other ingredients from getting too destroyed so, the patty, the cheese, the sauce, and the pickles remained in relatively decent shape.

When you chew down on a beefy goodness from McDonald’s, you’re relying on your stomach acid to melt down that big, leathery slice of meat. However, this video shows that maybe you shouldn’t bet too heavily on your stomach winning that fight.

YouTube channel Let’s Melt This says, ‘We originally through the big mac would dissolve into a giant pile of mush. Turns out the sulfuric acid actually cooked the outside of the big mac bun until it was rock hard’.

Be the first to suggest a tag

    Comments

    0 comments